- 1 can (19oz) Kidney beans, including liquid
- 1 can (14 oz) Coconut milk
- Water (approx 1-2/3 cups)
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Small onion or 2 stalks scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1½ to 2 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Long grain rice (rinsed and drained)
- Drain the liquid from the can of kidney beans into a 1 quart measuring cup and add the can of coconut milk and enough water to make a total of four cups of liquid.
- Add liquid, beans, garlic, chopped onion and thyme to large pot.
- Add salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and boil on High for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to Low, and cook covered until all water is absorbed (about 15 to 20 min).
- Fluff with fork before serving.